Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
One of the fabulous blogs that I read, Kelly's Korner, is having a McLinky Doohicky thing today about the "simple pleasures" in life. I thought I would join in on this one! :) I'm a RN in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit...so sometimes I HAVE to focus on the pleasures of life...it's how you deal with the saddness. Don't get me wrong, we see tons of stuff that does great, but hey...it's life...there ARE bad things. ANYWAY...tangent. I thought I would share with my 3 readers some of my pleasures, they may not all be 'simple' but these are MY pleasures nonetheless.

  • My life...I love it, I'm greatful for it, I have to constantly remind myself to thank God for all that he has blessed me with.
  • My hubbs...The love of my life (on most days anyway...haha j/k Craig!). I don't know how I got so lucky! He is sweet to me beyond words! Thanks Craig!








  • LOGAN BROOKS MAYO - this is our sweet, hilarious, wild, bull-headed, energetic, red-headed, brown-eyed 2 y/o little boy! LOVE HIM! We celebrated his 2nd birthday in October!
  • Painting! It makes me HAPPY! I'm not a pro or anything like that...just L.O.V.E. to do it. Arts, Crafts...Any of that mess really.
  • Getting in a WARM bed on a COLD  night! Oh how I love it to be cold in the house and snuggle up in your soft, cozy bed Whew! Heaven.
  • Candles....smelly ones (good smelly obviously, not bad smelly! :)  )
  • A good book in a hot bath with a great glass of wine.
  • The way that Logan smiles at our pets. I know that I remember thinking that cats & dogs were just the coolest when i was little (don't get me wrong, still love 'em), but it is just fun to watch his eyes light up.
  • The smell of fresh cut grass in the summer
  • Hanging out with my wonderful friends (this is a truely missed pleasure right now because of grad school!)
  • Margaritas
  • Fresh Flowers in the house!! Wish I could afford to have fresh cut flowers all the time, everywhere!
  • A Silent Night
  • Sleeping in in the morning!
  • A 'squeeze' (hug) from Logan followed by a kiss & 'I love you, mommy'...seriously? Does it get any better?
  • The smell of coffee in the morning. I don't really drink coffee much, but when my mom is here she makes it.... I'm tempted to make coffee every night, set the timer...just so I can wake up to that smell!
  • Holding Logan when he slept. He doesn't let me do this anymore, but I loved it.
  • Rain at night. I LOVE to hear the rain fall! I'm a sucker for bad weather, not terrible...just bad.
  • A clean house :)
  • Phone calls from my mom at all times of the day! Love you Mama!
  • A great day
  • a good blog
  • blog hopping
  • PHOTOSHOP!
  • Did I mention Logan? :)
What are your SIMPLE PLEASURES?? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment