Monday, August 11, 2008

Cried Out!

Okay, so I feel like the meanest mommy ever right now! Tonight was our first night to let Logan "cry himself to sleep". It is what all of our friends & doctor told us to do. It is some method where you put them to bed and walk out after you tell them "good night". After 5 minutes of crying, you walk in and tell them "shhhh" and lay them down/ pat their back, ect...Then you wait 10 minutes before you go back in the room, then 20 minutes ect & so on! It should take them less & less time to fall asleep each night, until they get to the point that they just put themself to sleep!?! I sure hope this works, but I don't know if I can take that many nights of hearing my little man cry!

I felt like I was going to cry, because it seemed like he cried FOREVER! He screamed for FORTY-FIVE WHOLE MINUTES! It was awful...poor thing! Anyway, he finally quit crying, so I gave him about 5 minutes to make sure that he had not found a toy to play with...then I went in to check on him...this is what I found :)...



Can you believe that he fell asleep in this position? Poor kid! He was determined that I was going to come get him out of the bed! He cried for so long & hard that he was sweating! I felt so terrible for letting him cry for that long, BUT I couldn't help but giggle when I found him like this! I sure hope tomorrow night goes better than tonight! My heart just can't take hearing my precious angel scream like that! But all of my friends that are moms SWEAR BY this method? I'll let ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment