Friday, August 21, 2009

True Words...

As I was blog stalking tonight with my mighty large glass of wine. . . I came across a girl's blog that really reminded me of how precious my child is.(& it isn't that you forget this fact...but everyone needs reminding sometimes) Logan has gotten into his prime of temper tantrums & we have tried everything to get him to stop. Today, Lori came over after we had a ruff morning of tantrums, and he showed Lori exactly what he could do (as far as a tantrum goes). I put him in time out to finish his tantrum, screaming, prior to going into time out, at decibels I didn't think could come from such a small set of lungs. After he came out of time out, he was practically an angel the rest of the day. . Anyway back to my blog stalking. . . I was reading a blog by a friend I knew from high school. She had an entry talking about her work. She must be a nurse, as am I, that works with pretty sick kids. Here is her entry. . .

The Healer
On my short drive home from work this morning, less than 2 hours after I wheeled a young patient of mine down to the morgue, I nearly squashed a few squirrels in the road with my front tires. I was distracted, I guess, by the smell of death that seemed to be permanently seared into my nostrils. But no, it wasn't permanent. When I peered over Gus's crib rail and received that big gummy morning grin of his, I forgot about cold morgues. Then later, after I had bathed away all the hospital grime and sadness, I buried my nose in his sweet chubby folds and just inhaled. Deeply.


Gus is her little baby, and her baby has nothing to do with Logan's tantrums, except for this. . .I have a healthy baby boy who is the smartest, cutest, sweetest little thing, & HEALTHY little boy in MY entire world. For this I am so thankful. . .and his tantrums shall pass. I'll just have to pray for God to give me strength to have the patience to guide him. Also to pray for thanks of such a great baby. . . . then to further the entry. . .her brother left this comment. . .

"for 'All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers; and the flower falls; but the word of the Lord remains forever.' And this word is the good news that was preached to you." I Peter 1:24-25 (ESV)

And all of this rambling of mine is just to say that I'm so thankful for my sweet little "LoLo", healthy tantrums and all!

I know I ramble...sorry. And it doesn't have anything to do with my large glass of wine, b/c I just made it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment