Monday, May 31, 2010

Sweet Singer

So as most of you who know me, know that Craig is super shy when it comes to singing. He'll play his guitar for me all day long, but actually sing to me ...no. I've know him for 7 years & have been married to him for 5 & all of this time I have begged, I do mean BEGGED him to sing for me. No such luck. However I have heard him twice & this made it even worse...really wanting him to sing to me.

The first time I heard him it was on accident. He recorded himself, right after we got married, & forgot to erase it. I came home from working a night shift one morning & found our video camera sitting out. I had no idea why...so I had to check it out. There it was....Craig singing. He had the camera on the wall, so I couldn't watch him...but it was WONDERFUL. And me being me, of course I had to show him off. I let everyone I knew listen to it. Bless him, he was so embarrased. As soon as he got the chance, he chunked that tape!

The second time I heard him was at the Neshoba County Fair last summer. Why oh why he'll sing in front of all those people, but not me...well...it's beyond me. They were just sitting around playing guitar, so he had someone else playing guitar with him. So he said it's not the same thing, because he's not "on the spot".  He also says that he is more worried about what "I" think than anyone else. Whatever dude...

SoOoo, when he reads this blog he is gonna be so mad at me! :) He'll get over it...

So tonight, he cooked out on the grill. This is one of the few times that he drinks beer, and drinks when it is just the 2 of us. He's really only a social drinker. Anyway...so after getting a few beers in him, I tried to convince him that it would be of benefit to him to sing to me. He declined. So then I convinced him that if the lights were off, and I couldn't see him & he couldn't see me...that it would be like he was home alone & I couldn't "see" him sing. That worked!! Who knew? I would have done that a LONG time ago!

Now that I have heard that very sweet voice of his...it's over. I'm gonna harass that poor man for the rest of his life about singing to me. He'll never get a moments peace, because I'll be bringing him his guitar & demanding a performance. :) Poor guy.

Dear Craig,
You have a most beautiful, no . . . gorgeous voice. I would like for you to sing to me with that sweet voice every night for the rest of our lives.  This will make me a happy wife. (not that I'm not happy...just trying to make you feel the need to sing to me!) Thanks so much.
Love Always,
 Photobucket

This was him singing at the Neshoba Co. Fair last year. Doesn't he just look like a singer?? :)
Photobucket

Like I said earlier...he's so gonna kill me when he reads this post!

Love You Honey! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment