Monday, October 4, 2010

Cake Wreck

Lets just start with, it's going to be Logan's 3rd Birthday in a few days. Not to be all stupid/sappy or anything, but WHERE THE HELL DID THAT TIME GO? How has my precious baby turned into a English speaking, in-dirt-playing, wild, funny, monkey of a little KID? He's not even classified as a Toddler anymore...he's a kid!? It's nuts & its exciting & makes me a little sad at the same time! So there's my mommy whinning. Done.

To the matter at hand, birthday cake. We usually pay someone to do a birthday cake for Logan's birthday. This year I decided that is stupid. I'm not paying the stupid amount of money to do something that I should be capable of doing myself. You see that "should" word in the previous sentence. Well, you know I got to thinking, you can Google anything & I do mean ANYTHING these days (as a friend so hilariously pointed out to me the other night at dinner...I haven't thought something was so funny in a long time....Thanks to you know who you are & NO I'm not gonna blog what you googled!!!) Anyway...tangents are something I'm really good at! :) So, I googled a few tips on how to make a great cake. I'm thinking to my self, how hard can this be...I paint a little...sometimes those turn out alright. So I should be able to do the same with some icing right? Not so much. I gave it a little shot last night. Again...bad. So I will admit that the cake part was so awesome, and the cake does taste really good actually. Its. Just. Ugly. ;)

Have you seen those things on TV that make the Giant Cupcake Cakes? Well every time that commercial comes on TV Logan gets all excited & talks about how much he wants some "birthday" that looks like that! He calls cakes, "birthday"? So I got one for free at the market in Las Vegas, so I thought I would use this for this little Birthday cake.

Here you go. This belongs on the Cake Wrecks website.
Photobucket

However I must admit, my little research on google about how to make a moist cake, did work...This cake is Yummy!!! (even though it is so ugly)

Photobucket

Moral of this story...don't try to make a pretty cake. Not possible. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment