Tuesday, March 2, 2010

65 Red Roses

65_RedRoses is the story of Eva who has Cystic Fibrosis (a lung and gastrointestinal disease) and received a life-saving, double-lung transplant a few years ago. The documentary tells the story of her waiting for and then receiving her transplant. Since the transplant (which was about 2 years ago) she has suffered from chronic rejection (which means that her body is rejecting the lungs), and she is now again listed & waiting. It is such a touching storey. Her blog is really great. I read it the other night . . . I laughed, and cried, & was so inspired by this girl!



The point is...become an organ donor. You can save a life, and really...what are you going to do with your organs after you die?

Save a life.

MORA is the Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency. They are a wonderful group that I have worked directly with in my years in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

Please help save a life, be an organ donor.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm not sure how I got to your blog but I'm just sort of lurking around and ended up here. I saw you on another site, listed as blog that person read, and saw you wrote about 65 Red Roses, that I also had been reading and wondered what you had to say about it. So I clicked and read your first blog entry.

    I am an organ donor and wish I could talk my husband into being one. He works as a funeral home and has a different perspective of it, but I'm hopeing he changes that soon.

    Anyway, you mentioned the PICU. Do you work at the PICU at Batson's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do work in the PICU at Batson. I think that organ donation is the ultimate gift. I mean, really what are you going to do with your organs after your heart stops beating anyway?? I was always for organ donation before I started working in the unit, but I am even more so for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Philadelphia. I've never happened upon someone's blog that is "close". My daughter was in Batson's last May, I'm sure that narrow's it down huh? In the PICU. She was in there under Dr. Carron's care. She had surgery on her airway, a crycoid split becasue of a subglottic stynosis to be exact. Anyway, I am a pretty picky mom and have not one bad thing to say about our time there, not one! That was the most amazing place I had ever been to. I just wondered if we might have run into each other! Does this make me a stalker??? Hope not. Stop by my blog, search for May 2009 and look at some of her pics from the PICU. You might recongnize us! You all do great work!

    ReplyDelete